What Are Tax Credits?

The HMRC regulates all of the collection of taxes throughout the UK. Taxes are paid by those that are employed, over the age of 16 and earning above a certain amount. Tax credits are a benefit where part of your tax is refunded due to specific circumstances.

Call the Tax Credit Contact Number

If you would like to contact HMRC to ask any questions regarding tax credit benefit whether it is how to claim, what you can claim, how much you can receive, complaints to HMRC, general questions about tax credits or any other issues, call the HMRC Phone Number. This phone number will direct you to a team member who can assist you with your enquiry.

It is possible to access your taxpayer responsibility account on the internet. From this, you can update your personal information, inform HMRC of changes in your circumstances, find out when you will be paid and how much you could be awarded. Before accessing your taxpayer account, you will need to have your NI number on hand.


You can write to HMRC in order to review your tax credits. All letters in these cases need to be certified by your National Insurance number in order to ensure the authenticity of your entitlement. Then, you can send them directly to the address below:

HM Revenue and Customs – Tax Credit Office
Comben House
Farriers Way
L75 1AX
United Kingdom

Submitting Complaints

When writing a complaint or letting HMRC about a change in circumstances, it is important to write in very clear terms. Clearly state the purpose of the letter at the top such as “complaint”. You are not required to include a PO Box number or street name, you can send letters directly to:

HM Revenue and Customs
Tax Credit Office
United Kingdom

If you are filing a new tax credit claim, then send your form or letter to the following address:

HM Revenue and Customs – Tax Credit Office
L75 1AZ
United Kingdom

How To File A Tax Credit Claim

The quickest and easiest way to claim tax credits is by contacting HMRC by means of the phone number mentioned above. Before the tax credit team at HM Revenue and Customs will process your claim, you need to answer some questions, simply contact an advisor on the phone. If tax credits are allowed, then you will have to complete a form in the post. When it arrives in the post, send this so in the forms acknowledges your return. The letter can take around two weeks to arrive.

Any issues with completing your online form or answering some of these questions? Don’t hesitate to contact HMRC, where advisors will be ready to help. Once the HMRC Tax Credit Office is called, you will need the following information on hand:

Past Tax Year Income
Details Of Benefits You Receive
Amount Of Hours Worked Per Week
Details Of Childcare Payments
National Insurance Number

When you receive your tax credit claims from HMRC, there will be some guidance info included on the form. If you have read this guidance information and are still unsure of something on the mail form, then contact HMRC phone number and speak to an advisor.

Tax credits are available under the Income Tax system. If you are employed, claim working tax credits. You may also claim child tax credits. If you believe that you are not entitled to these tax credits, apply to the HMRC with the correct evidence after receiving valid confirmation of income entitlement. To qualify for working tax credits, you must earn up to £13,250 before tax, work at least 30 hours a week and be single. If you are a couple, jointly earning is least 30 hours a week and together you earn up to £18,023 a year before tax.

You can claim child tax credits regardless of salary or salary range regardless of thresholds and independence if independent and your income is £26,200 and under, and £32,900 and under. This means you will qualify to gain child tax credits regardless of if you have two or three children costs in childcare costs in earnings.

To determine if you qualify for tax credits, or to answer any general enquiries contact the HMRC tax credit office phone number above.

If you are unhappy with the service of the HMRC Tax Credit Office, you must follow their complaints procedure. Through this complaint’s procedure, you can also get back the tax credits you owe and get your disputes resolved. The quickest way to submit a formal complaint with the HMRC would be by calling the contact number listed above and reaching the Tax Credit Office.

For any enquiries regarding your application for tax credits or completion of the Direct Debit Request Form, complaints and general enquires, you can contact HMRC Tax Credit Office here. A member of staff will be able to advise you on the next step to take and address any questions that you may have.

Tax Credit Phone Number

Submitting Tax Credits Claim